Towards Accessible Content for All Users
- Structurally-tagged content
- Text to speech capability
- Detailed navigable table of contents
- Alternative text descriptions to explain illustrations, images, diagrams, etc., for readers
- Font size, style and color
- Alternative background colors
- Controllable line spacing
- Ensuring that any DRM that may be applied to a particular title does not inhibit the accessibility of that title.
We work together with our clients to understand their exacting requirements as well as the target audience to build web accessible eBooks, tactile graphics, audio books, as well as accessible apps & websites – utilizing assistive technology. Our teams follow XML-first workflow, one of the best ways to create digital content. It includes building in all the “accessibility features” at the beginning of the workflow, before creating the product.
We deliver you web accessible eBooks developed in compliance with WCAG 2.0 guidelines and make sure that the following elements are included:
- Hierarchy of named headings, parts, chapters, sections and subsections
- Section breaks
- Images and their alt text
- Footnotes and references, wherever required
- Running heads and page numbers
- Color contrast
- Audio and video clips
- Correct structure for link text
- Media overlays, pronunciation style sheets and MathML
- Proper tagging of links, lists and tables to ensure proper reading of content for screen reader users
We also conduct technical audit of your product that include assessing the digital files in terms of text access, image access, access to special types of data and supported screen readers, and conduct web accessibility user testing of functionalities and experience together with mobile application testing and audits, focused on the needs of assistive technology users.
For more information about our web accessible eBook development services, please get in touch with us straight away!